Consider a Featured Online Public Administration Program
There are four colleges in the state that offer a Master of Public Administration program and are accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).
- Kean University
- Rutgers University-Camden
- Rutgers University-Newark
- Seton Hall University
Online MPA Programs in New Jersey
Of the NASPAA-accredited programs in the state, Rutgers University in Newark and Seton Hall University offers primary or 100 percent online accessibility.
The School of Public Affairs and Administration has a convenient online option to complete the MPA degree. Areas of study around the core curriculum include the fundamental understanding, analytics, managing, finance, and applying this education into real-world scenarios. Concentrations students can pick from to complement the basic courses are: Budgeting and Financial Management, Healthcare Administration, Nonprofit Management, and Public and Nonprofit Performance Management.
42 total credits are needed to complete the program. Similar to the Camden campus, there is an option for the Executive MPA and it can be completed online, but in-person residency is required for a week each summer on campus. Most of the costs are paid for through tuition and other fees, such as room and meals throughout the time spent there.
Seton Hall University
A 42-credit MPA program with a specialization in Nonprofit Management can be completed fully online. The curriculum is very similar to the on-campus format with traditional core and capstone courses, but there is only one concentration. There is one elective course to choose: Nonprofit Law or Social Entrepreneurship.
Available Online Public Administration Programs for New Jersey
- smartphone Online Online MPA
- smartphone Online BS in Public Administration
- smartphone Online Online MS in Political Management
List of New Jersey Public Administration Programs
- Centenary College: Masters in Leadership and Public Administration Hackettstown
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus: Master of Public Administration (MPA) Teaneck
- Kean University: Master of Public Administration (MPA) Union
- Monmouth University: Master of Public Administration (MPA) West Long Branch
- New Jersey Institute of Technology: Masters Degree in Public Policy Newark
- Princeton University: Master of Public Administration (MPA) Princeton
- Rider University: Master of Public Administration (MPA) Lawrenceville
- Rutgers University-Camden: Master of Public Administration (MPA) Camden
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick: Master of Public Administration (MPA) New Brunswick
- Rutgers University-Newark: Master of Public Administration (MPA) NewarkMaster of Public Administration (MPA) Newark
- Rutgers University, Camden: Master Of Public Administration
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick: Master Of Public Policy
- Rutgers University, Newark: Master Of Public Administration Online Online Master Of Public Administration
- Saint Peter's University: Master of Public Administration (MPA) Jersey City
- Seton Hall University: Master of Public Administration (MPA) South Orange
- Strayer University-New Jersey: Master of Public Administration (MPA) Cherry Hill
Seton Hall University
The Department of Political Science and Public Affairs offers the Master of Public Administration at the College of Arts and Sciences. 39 credits are needed complete the degree, which includes core courses, electives, and a capstone course that can be an internship, practicum, or research seminar. Concentrations for the electives include Health Policy and Management, Nonprofit Organization Management, Public Service Leadership, Governance, and Policy, and Data Visualization and Analytics.
In order to be admitted into the program, prospective students need to complete an online application with a $75 fee and submit a resume, personal statement, resume, letters of recommendation, and official transcripts. Students generally graduate within two years of joining the program — more than half of those initially enrolled between 2010 and 2013. Of the 29 graduates who completed the program in the Spring of 2018, there was a 100 percent employment rate or they were going into further education within six months.
The Camden College of Arts and Sciences offers an MPA for all forms of government, nonprofit, and the private sector. It requires 42 credits and can either be completed in two years for full-time students and around four years for part-time. Most part-time students can graduate within six to nine semesters. The college offers specializations in Public Management and Community Development, and either option can be combined with International Public Service and Development Policy or Education Policy. Students can also choose their own electives to go with their concentration.
There is also an option to receive an Executive MPA, which features an accelerated process that takes 24 months with no standardized tests and 12 of the 42 credits are granted immediately. Students that would like a faster track must have five years of administration or managerial experience.
Over the last four academic years, over 98 percent of graduates have found employment within six months of completing the program. Organizations that have hired alumni include the university itself, Superior Court of New Jersey, NJ Air National Guard, Peace Corps, Verizon, TD Bank, and national governments such as the US Department of Transportation and the US Attorney’s Office.